Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 24, 2010

Parenthood

The last couple of days have been amazing and very hard...harder than I could ever have imagined. Lucy has jaundice so we had to get a little tanning bed for her and she has to stay on it at all times (except when changing or feeding). This has been such a challenge for us. She hates being on it so she often cries herself hoarse. It is the saddest thing ever listening to that. We're getting her levels checked again tomorrow so we're hoping she'll be low enough to take her off. It has also been a struggle nursing her, but it is getting better. We love being parents, it is the most surreal and amazing feeling, but it's been hard. I just hope it gets a little easier. I'm just grateful to have Scott as my partner, I couldn't do it without him. Taking care of Lucy is definitely a two man job. He has become a master swaddler/changer. We are so lucky to have this little girl in our lives and I know that things can only get better!



2 comments:

Jena Wright said...

Oh, Corinne! We didn't have to use the Billy bed, and can't even imagine how hard it is not to be able to pick up your little one to comfort her! Hang in there!! It DOES get better. I didn't believe it when people told be that, but it really does. Rely on anyone you can, let them go to the store and make dinner for you!! The lack of sleep was the hardest thing for me, turned me into a zombie. It was so hard!! Don't feel badly about staying in your PJs all day either. Take a shower when you can, it will make you feel better, even if it's 8:00 at night. Make sure you have some lansinoh, Rylin is a barracuda baby and I was so sore, the lansinoh worked miracles. And don't feel badly if you fall asleep while nursing her, sometimes it's the only rest you get. It's ok to feel overwhelmed and inadequate too. Sometimes I just had to hand the baby to Todd and take a time out. Your baby needs a sane and functional Mommy more than anything else. Hang in there!!

Mrs. Hornberger said...

Jared was my master swaddler! i was horrible at it! but then i found the velcro one u bought me and it was so easy! do you need one like that? i hope she can leave her blue bed tomorrow!