Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 24, 2010

Delivering Lucy

Wednesday, the 19th, we went to the hospital in the morning to be induced. I was 2-3 cm dilated & they started me on an IV with pitocin. A couple hours later I was still around a 3 so the Doctor came in and broke my water. I was going to wait to get an epidural until I felt a few good contractions. Almost immediately I started feeling contractions so I got the epidural (which I was so scared to get but did not hurt at all) and I felt great! We kept waiting and waiting. I started getting really itchy because of the epidural so they gave me benedryl and I knocked out and slept for 3 hours while Scott watched Iron Man. When I woke up the nurse checked me and I was dilated to 9 cm. The Doctor came in, I started pushing and 23 minutes later, little Lucy was born. The labor and delivery was a piece of cake, the recovery has been the hardest part. I'm so lucky to have Scott, he has taken such good care of me. We make a great team! We are so lucky to be Lucy's parents.







No comments: