Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Eli is 2 Months Old

I can't believe my sweet boy is already two months old. He is such a good baby. He is on a good schedule and he is so easy going. He is finally smiling, laughing and cooing. We just can't get enough! He is 11.7 lbs (50%), 23.75 inches (79%) and his head is 15.5 in (31%). He is pretty much like Lucy, thin and tall with a small head! He is just not as petite as Lucy is. I love it because he is such a good eater/nurser and I don't have to worry that he is too skinny, like Lucy. He eats well and is gaining weight, just that makes my life a lot easier. For the first few weeks of his life, the sleeping part was really rough. Once we put him in his own room, around 4 weeks old, things got so much better. He started sleeping pretty well through the night at about 7 weeks. I put him in bed around 9pm, I do a sleep feeding before I go to bed and he sleeps until morning. Scott feeds him (pumped milk or formula) whenever he wakes up in the morning, which is so awesome for me. Scott is such a great dad and husband. It is so amazing to sleep through the night again! It is incredible how you feel after 8 full hours of sleep! He is such a happy baby. I love when he wakes up in the morning he just looks at me and smiles. I un-swaddle him and he does a big stretch, it is so cute. He brings so much happiness into our home. I'm so blessed to have this little boy. I was scared that I loved Lucy too much and didn't have enough love for this little man, but I was dead wrong. I am so in love with both of my kids and I feel like the luckiest person to have such a sweet little family.
Lucy just loves her baby brother so much. She gives him kisses and tries to comfort him when he is sad. Every morning when I get her from her crib, she asks for Eli (after Daddy, of course!). The other day she heard him crying upstairs and she said, "I'll go get him". It was so sweet. I love my two angels to the moon and back.

1 comment:

Doug + Lizzie said...

Eli is so stinking cute! I can't believe how different he looks from Lucy. Don't let him get to too big before I get to meet him!