Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lucy's 9 Month Check-Up

Lucy had her 9 month check-up and we were very surprised at the outcome. Here are her stats:

Weight: 16.8 lbs - 11%
Height: 29 inches - 90%
Head: 2%

We were totally unaware that we had a little skinny baby on our hands, well I mean we knew she was thin but we didn't know she was THAT skinny- like underweight. We always knew she was tall with a small head- just like her mom...lol. Our pediatrician wasn't dramatic about it he just gave suggestions on how we can beef our little one up. He was saying that at this age it is hard to nurse because they get easily distracted and don't always get a full feeding, which is very very true for Lucy and I. I'm going to continue to nurse her four times a day, but we are also introducing her to cows milk. Most pediatricians recommend starting babies at 12 months, but we've been giving her yogurt for a month and she hasn't had a bad reaction so he thought milk would be a great option for her. Since she won't take a bottle we offered the cows milk in a sippy cup. She had a good reaction to it but she hasn't really taken to it as of yet, I'm assuming because I'm still nursing her. We are also giving her breakfast, lunch and dinner in addition. We give her foods like yogurt, cheese, milk and meat instead of the more high fat foods. I think she'll gain weight quickly on our new regimen. It is crazy how our whole life is centered around a little being. I am thankful every second of every day for Lucy, she truly makes our life whole.




2 comments:

The Bahrs said...

She really is just so cute!! I wonder if you put a little chocolate in her milk (or gaver her pedisure) if that would help her gain a little more?

Karrie said...

corinne!! lucy is so cute! i just had to tell u! :) have a good day!