About a week ago I woke up with some back pain. It got a little better then it got a lot worse. It was very painful to pick up Lucy and I could barely walk. When Lucy would crawl to the stairs I would just want to cry because I knew I had to go and get her. My back was giving up on me. And then, I was crooked. Instead of my torso being centered on my body it was leaning to the left. It was very weird to look at myself in the mirror and see my body out of alignment. I went to the Doctor and he did some tests and took some Xrays. He said I have scoliosis, but obviously my spine was crooked but it isn't always like that. So, he didn't really have any answers for me. I went to a chiropractor who calls me the 'leaning tower' and he helped me a lot. He told me that when your back is hurt it will try to pull away from the problem. He sees a lot of moms that have the same problem as me and it is most likely from picking up their kids on the same side all the time. I need to try to use both sides. My great friend Natalie gave me two deep tissue massages and she was able to really get in there and help with the problem. I got cracked, stretched and rubbed and I'm finally feeling almost back to normal! This week was one of the hardest weeks I've had because I had to care for Lucy but my body was physically telling me 'no'. I felt very hopeless and depressed, I can't be the mom I want to be when my body is letting me down. This is a time that I'm so GRATEFUL for my AMAZING friends & family. My mom drove 10 hours here to keep me company and help me. My husband has taken care of Lucy while also taking care of me. My friends have watched Lucy, brought us meals and checked on me constantly. I cannot express how truly amazing it is for me to know that when I'm having tough times there will always be people in my life that are willing to drop everything to help me. I am so very lucky.
2 comments:
im such a schmuck. I knew your back hurt but i didnt realize it was that bad. Im the crappy friend who didnt bring you a meal or watch your kid. If you dont talk to me for a week I understand. But I promise to make it up to you some how. You always do so much for your friends Im glad you were taken care of too...just wish I would have clued in and been one of those friends who helped you out. LOVE U
Hey Corinne!!
My dear friend, I just found out about a week ago that I also have scoliosis. I was very concerned about what was going on with my body. I also went to the doctor and had x-rays. I have not been to a chiropractor because my insurance doesn't accept them. I shouldn't pick up my children to much, but I don't follow that rule very well. I am sorry to hear that you have been suffering. Tell Scott "Hi" from me and Josh!!
Post a Comment