About a month ago I watched a TV show called 'extreme couponers'. I loved it and wanted to know how to become a 'couponer'. My good friend Marye knew someone who teaches classes and last week she came and taught a class at my house. I am hooked! I haven't even got any newspapers yet (that is where you get a majority of coupons) but Kendra let me have hers from Sunday and I printed some online. It was very easy, it just takes a little planning and I thought I would try it out today. Scott and I have a $50 a week budget for groceries, some people think that is low but it has been fine for us. Well, today we started off to Smith's, list and coupons in hand. Scott wasn't totally convinced until we checked out. Our bill went from $53.21 to $18.93 with coupons and in-store deals. Then, we went to Wal-Mart to get the remaining groceries we needed and did a little price matching there. We got double the amount of groceries we usually get for our $50. I think we did pretty good for not having our coupons yet and for being my first try. I'm a very organized person so I think this will be a fun hobby for me and I LOVE getting a good deal, who doesn't? It definitely wasn't as hard or time consuming as I thought it would be, just a little extra planning.
2 comments:
that is amazing!!! i cant wait for my papers!!
WOOOO! Way to go Corinne!! I am SO excited for my papers to come this Sunday!!
Post a Comment