




January was my New Year Resolutions month. I wanted to get a jump start on the the New Year so I wanted to get A LOT of projects done before January was over. The best (or one of the best) gift I got from Christmas was a label maker, I LOVE it! I went on a labeling mission. It has helped me get the house organized like never before. I have always liked the house to be tidy & organized, but those who know me know that I have a problem putting things back where they belong. So, the label maker helped me give EVERYTHING a place. I think I got a little out of control, but you can never be TOO organized. Part of me getting organized was finding a good way to make dinners for my family. I love cooking, but it has been so hard finding the time and energy with two kiddos. I tried weekly menus, but I needed a PLAN. I have looked into doing freezer meals for awhile, but it never appealed to me. I decided to give it a try. I combed through lots of websites and found the best recipes. Then over a few days I prepared and/or cooked over 40 meals! It went really well and the meals turned out great. It took the guess work out of making dinner daily and it was so much easier to get dinner on the table. We have now eaten all of the meals and most of them were really good. I was able to identify what I could do differently and I modified some recipes for future months. Some of the meals I prepared were: pot roast, spinach & sausage pasta, lasagna, pepper steak, stir-fry, Asian salmon and bbq pulled pork. Most of the meals were just compiled and put together to put in the slow cooker the day of and a few of the recipes I fully prepared and just warmed up the day of. I have now done my 2nd round of freezer meals and I'm SO glad I tried it. I also finished a few small projects around the house, but I have many more to do, which is really fun. My good friend, Kristen, helped me redecorate my living room and kitchen pretty recently and I absolutely LOVE it. She has given me the inspiration to finish my whole house, but I'm taking it slow. She also really helped me figure out my style and what I like. Check out her blog:
www.studio7interiordesign.com. So, it's been so fun to find new things and replace things slowly. So, my New Year started off with a bang, hopefully I can keep it going throughout!
No comments:
Post a Comment