Our Family

Our Family

Monday, June 18, 2012

2 Years & 2 Weeks

I'm posting this late, but better late than never! Lucy Francis is 2 years old! We recently had her two year check up and she weighed 24 pounds (26%), was 36 inches long (94%) and her head was 44 cm (1%, she's finally on the chart!). Lucy talks so much! Her favorite phrases right now are, "what you doing? or what happened?". She loves to read so much, just like me. She loves being outside, going to the park and jumping on trampolines. Lucy has no fear, she will climb up to the tallest slide or jump off anything. She has been eating so much better lately, her favorites are still fruit and veggies. She is destined to be a petite little girl. This past two years have gone by so fast. I remember the day she was born so well, like it was yesterday. I printed up a saying and posted in Lucy's room that describes my feelings about her perfectly: "You are the poem I dreamed of writing, the masterpiece I longed to paint.You are the shining star I reached for in my ever hopeful quest for life fulfilled. You are my child. Now, with all things I am blessed." Lucy is my first daughter and child. She is everything I ever hoped, dreamed and prayed for. I wanted a daughter so bad and she has surpassed every expectation I've ever had. She is so sweet, smart, independent,adventurous, charming, funny and rebellious. I see so much of both Scott and I in her. Scott is the light of her life. She asks for him every second and lives for him to come home. You think I'd be jealous, but I love seeing them interact and I love seeing Scott's unwavering love and patience for her. Scott loves spending time with her and for him it is a privilege, rather then a responsibility.Lucy loves her little brother. She especially loves trying to give him his binkie. If she hears him crying, she'll rush over and try to soothe him. She also always reminds us to bring him when we go anywhere. We gave him a bath the other day, which he hated and he cried the whole time. She stood next to the bath and rubbed his head and belly saying, "it's okay, it's okay". My heart just melted. This little girl has changed our life in so many ways and we just love her more each day. My great friend, Katie, took these pictures when Eli was 2 weeks old. At his Doctors appointment he was 7 lbs 15.5 oz (26%), he was 21 inches long (60%) and his head was 14.1 cm (21%). Eli is so different than Lucy. He nurses really great and is gaining weight fast. He is such a little man. He sweats a lot and is hot all of the time. He loves to be swaddled, which Lucy did too. He has his nights and days mixed up, but it is a work in progress. Having a boy is so different, but I love him so much. He is my little man and I adore him. Scott is such a help to me. He is an expert at swaddling, feeding, burping and rocking. He takes turns with me during the night, which is a blessing. Adjusting to two kids is hard, but it is getting better. We love this little guy and can't wait to see him smile!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

they are so perfect! katie took awesome picts!!