Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lucy & Mommy

So, this past Tuesday was my first completely free day. I finished working and am now on maternity leave indefinitely. I absolutely loved my job and have thoroughly enjoyed having it for the past year. I really feel that I was doing something that not only made me a better person, but that I was helping others too. I truly admire the people I worked with and will miss them so much! But, I'm looking forward to focusing the next couple of months on Lucy and Eli. I am so excited and anxious thinking about having this little guy. Even though I've only been home with Lucy full-time for the past week, I've realized that being a a working mom was hard, but being a stay at home mom is even harder! But, I've also realized that staying home with my kids is the best thing I can do for them and I'm lucky to be able to. I'm so grateful also for such a supportive and wonderful husband. He has helped me get through the last 9 months and I know it hasn't been easy for him! Not only am I excited to have this baby, but I'm SO excited not to be pregnant anymore. I'm getting so big and uncomfortable. I'm not sleeping very good and am really sore. I'm nesting like crazy and cleaning every nook and cranny in my house, but it just makes me more tired and exhausted. I'm being induced this Thursday and cannot wait to see my baby boy! The pictures below are Lucy and I goofing off with the camera, she has so much personality!
37.5 Weeks, getting huge!
Marye and her two friends (Thanks Aubrey and Amanda) took Lucy and I to the Hogle Zoo this week. We've taken Lucy before, but it was the first time she actually recognized the animals she saw. She loves animals so much, she is just like me! I love seeing similarities in our personalities. Lucy LOVES Porter and Kelsey so much and asks for them all the time. We had such a fun time and we are so blessed to have these friends in our lives.

No comments: