Lucy is such a little firecracker. Her laugh and smile are contagious. She is so fun to be around, that is an understatement. She is AMAZINGLY fun to be around! If I hear Scott and Lucy playing downstairs I have to come down and join in. She has a smile and cheese face that could win anyone over. She has a good sense of humor and she likes to tease us. She'll pretend she's coming over for a kiss, then get close and turn and run the opposite way. She has also turned into quite a girly girl. At any given time you can find her walking around with her purse on her arm or putting her sunglasses, necklaces and bracelets on. She is growing so fast, she's up to 19.5 lbs, which is amazing for her because she's been a little peanut for so long. We haven't measured her lately, but she is so tall! She used to fit right under our table standing straight up without hitting her head and now can't. She is a good eater although she doesn't eat a ton. She loves hot dogs, turkey meat, milk, waffles, strawberries, olives and cucumbers. But, she is OBSESSED with grapes. If there is a grape anywhere near her, she has to have it. She sleeps great and is still taking two naps during the day. She is very good at independent play, which is amazing since I work from home at times. I sit at my desk and work and she drags various items into her play tent. She is such a good baby. I'm finally done nursing, which is very bittersweet for me. It was very hard in the beginning, but when we got the hang of it we got into a good groove, but it was still a challenge. I was waiting until she was a year to quit and I was looking forward to getting my body back. When the time rolled around I was hesitant to stop. I have grown to love that time with my sweet baby girl. So, I just kept going since I was only doing a feeding before bed and I was waiting for her to let me know when it was time. The time presented itself when I wasn't home and Scott just put her to bed. Then the next night he put her to bed again and we just kept going. I can't say I don't miss it, but it was time. I'm grateful that I had that experience with her. Being a mom is indescribably incredible. I would do anything in the world to make sure she is happy and healthy. We are so blessed to be Lucy's parents and we can't wait to see what else Lucy has in store for us.









2 comments:
So cute! We miss her!
She is just tooo cute! The one with her crying is exactly how Haley looks when she cries....hahaha. Must be the Collins cry face. lol Can't wait to see you guys soon.
Post a Comment