Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Workin' 9 to 5....

Since I graduated I have been torn on whether or not to get a job.I knew that if I got a job it had to be just right for my situation. I LOVE being a Mom and staying home with Lucy, but I wanted to give working a chance. When I graduated I knew if I did work, I wanted to work for a non-profit. I really wanted the opportunity to serve my community and to help people. I literally applied for so many non-profit jobs, even low paying ones. As soon as I gave up, I got a call. I had one interview and I was hired! I am now the Utah County Supervisor for a non-profit that assists disabled individuals in finding a job....which is ironic because it took me so long to find one! I started about three weeks and I'm loving it. I love this organization and how it is helping people. My co-workers have such amazing backgrounds and I've already learned so much. It's not a super glamorous job, but it feels good to get in there and do a job that some people might not want to do. It is hard to be away from Lucy, but I make my own schedule and can work from home some of the time. I'm so blessed to have my Mom and sister nearby who help me out a lot. I also have a wonderful neighbor who does daycare and watches Lucy most mornings. I am also grateful that Scott has been so supportive. I think it took him a while to get used to the idea but he does everything he can to help so I think it is going to work out just fine!


I definitely miss this sweet girl when I'm at work
(Thanks to Katie at Emma Wade Photography for these pics....more to come)




No comments: